Sunday, January 1, 2017

Hanukkah

Hanukkah is an eight-day Jewish holiday that celebrates the rededication of the temple in Jerusalem following the Maccabean Revolt against the Seleucid Empire.  The temple had been desecrated by Antiochus IV Epiphanes.

Also known as the Festival of Lights, the holiday is celebrated with special foods and the ceremonial lighting of the menorah; a kind of candle stick containing nine candles.  The timing of the holiday occurs according to the Hebrew calendar, but it often falls around the same time as Christmas.

This year, I think that Hanukkah ended at sundown today.  To all our Jewish friends, I hope you had a wonderful holiday and that God will bless you in a mighty way in 2017.

I would also like to sincerely apologize to Israel for the shameful way that she was treated by the Obama Administration at the United Nations; especially at this time of year.  I believe that the West Bank is part of the ancestral lands that God gave to Israel, and I support the Israeli settlements there.  I think that the entire city Jerusalem is the rightful capital of Israel, and that it belongs to the Jewish people.

          I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you (Abraham) and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you.  The whole land of Canaan, where you are now an alien, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.

Genesis 17:7-8

I will make you (Abram) into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.  I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.

Genesis 12:2-3


America: if we want to continue to enjoy God’s blessings, we need to get on the right side of this one.  We must be on the side of Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment