Saturday, May 28, 2022

Memorial Day 2022

Memorial Day is here again.  Many of us will enjoy a three-day weekend.  Vacations will begin or end.  Ceremonies will commemorate graduation from high schools and colleges.  There will be stockcar races, and everything from pajamas to boats will go on sale.  Have a barbeque.  We all could use a break.  There is nothing wrong with that.  Our war dead gave their lives to secure our way of life, and they would want us to enjoy it. 

Please remember to take a little time, however, to reflect on our war dead; those who died to make us a free people.  Honor their memory by zealously guarding the freedoms they died for.

 

Crossing the Bar

by 

Alfred Lord Tennyson

 

Sunset and evening star,

And one clear call for me!

And may there be no moaning of the bar,

When I put out to sea,

 

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,

Too full for sound and foam,

When that which drew from out the boundless deep

Turns again home.

 

Twilight and evening bell,

And after that the dark!

And may there be no sadness of farewell,

When I embark;

 

For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place

The flood may bear me far,

I hope to see my Pilot face to face

When I have crost the bar. *

 

* https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/45321/crossing-the-bar



No comments:

Post a Comment