Sunday, June 26, 2022

Miracles

Our God is a God of miracles.  He created the universe and all that is in it, delivered the children of Israel from slavery in Egypt, destroyed Sennaecherib and the Assyrian army, provided salvation for all through belief in Jesus Christ, restored the Jewish people to the ancestral homeland that God promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and many, many more. 

God performed a miracle when he “saved a wretch like me.”  For most of my life, I was of two minds. (James 1:8)  I had one foot in the kingdom, and one foot in the world.  I knew the Lord, but I resisted being conformed to His image. (Romans 8:29)  Like a fish on the line, I struggled to go my own way, but He kept reeling me in.  Praise God for not giving up on me! 

Finally, He had to resort to divine discipline to make me see what I was doing to myself.  In 2014, I was badly flash burned in an explosion, and it took 12 days in an intensive burn ward and another week or 10 days in rehab before I was cleared to return to normal activities.  I guess it was a year before I was fully healed of the physical and psychological injuries I sustained.  During the time I was convalescing, I felt separated from God.  In the explosion and in the hospital, God gave me a glimpse of what Hell is like.  I begged Him to restore me to fellowship with Him, and He did. 

I am still a work in progress, but God has caused me to want to do His will.  He is giving me the strength to do it. (Philippians 1:6, 2:13)  Thank you, Lord, for being merciful to me a sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment