Wednesday, February 15, 2023

The Open Door

Is there an obstacle in your life?  Is there something that you know the Lord wants you to do, but you just can’t get it done?  Is there something that is keeping you from giving yourself to the Lord?  Or, are you struggling to overcome some secret sin?  Is the Lord calling you to walk the path He walked, the way that He walked it – but you just can’t bring yourself to do it? 

Jesus said: 

And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. (Luke 11:9-10 ESV) 

Have you sought out the Lord about something, but His answer isn’t clear?  Has He given you an answer that you are resisting?  Are you afraid?  Do you feel that you lack the courage or the strength to do what He has planned for you to do? 

Jesus said: 

Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.  Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.  The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. (Revelation 3:19-21 WSV) 

Sometimes we ask for help, but we don’t hear the Lord’s answer.  Or, sometimes we hear His answer, but it isn’t what we want to hear. 

Have we sought Him out?  Is He is knocking?  When we answered the door, did we invite Him in?  Are we shutting the door in His face? 

If we open the door, and let Him in, the joy of His fellowship will overcome our weakness.  You will find, “that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion …” (Philippians 1:6 ESV)  Remember, when we open the door we must also step aside.  We have to get the SELF out of the way to let Jesus in. 

And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. (Luke 9:23 ESV)

 

Acknowledgement:

All Bible verses were copied from https://biblehub.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment