Saturday, May 11, 2024

New Life in Christ

There are days when we feel like we have lived too long and seen too much.  We grow weary of our struggles with life’s troubles, and we long to be in heaven with the Lord. 

There is good news!  Jesus has overcome this world and the problems of our old life. (John 16:33)  Believers have a new life in Christ, and we are seated in Him at the place of honor at the right hand of God the Father in the heavenlies. 

The burdens we carry now may become tiresome, but we can lay them down at Jesus’ feet.  Having done so we can rejoice in the new life He has given us.  Praise the Lord! 

“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.  Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.  For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.  When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.” (Colossians 3:1-4 NIV) [1] (See also, Ephesians 2:6)


He Hideth My Soul

By

Fanny J. Crosby (Lyrics) and William J. Kirkpatrick (Music)  

  1. A wonderful Savior is Jesus my Lord,
    A wonderful Savior to me;
    He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock,
    Where rivers of pleasure I see.

o    Refrain:
He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock,
That shadows a dry, thirsty land;
He hideth my life in the depths of His love,
And covers me there with His hand,
And covers me there with His hand.

  1. A wonderful Savior is Jesus my Lord,
    He taketh my burden away,
    He holdeth me up and I shall not be moved,
    He giveth me strength as my day.

o   Refrain

  1. With numberless blessings each moment He crowns,
    And filled with His fullness divine,
    I sing in my rapture, oh, glory to God!
    For such a Redeemer as mine.

o   Refrain

  1. When clothed with His brightness transported I rise
    To meet Him in clouds of the sky,
    His perfect salvation, His wonderful love,
    I’ll shout with the millions on high.

o   Refrain [2]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment