Since the end of May, I have been ill with a respiratory problem. It has been aggravated by the smoke from wildfires all Summer. The initial lung infection was cleared up, and presently it is not contagious (viral or bacteriological). It has been difficult for the doctors to diagnose and treat, however. Getting old is not for the faint of heart.
So far, my illness does not appear to be life threatening, and I do not want to be melodramatic. However, it has made the activities of daily living more difficult. As an English professor told me in college, writing is a lot of work. My illness has sapped the strength that I need to write for Lamp in a Corner regularly. Please forgive the sporadic nature of my Blog entries.
All healing comes from God. Lately, He has blessed me with improvement in my respiratory condition. Please pray for me.
The Word of God is always a source of comfort and strength:
You will keep in perfect peace
all who trust in you,
all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
Trust in the LORD always,
for the LORD God is the eternal Rock. (Isaia 26:3-4 NLT) [2]
May the glory of
the Lord endure forever;
may the Lord rejoice in his works,
who looks on the earth and it trembles,
who touches the mountains and they smoke!
I will sing to the Lord as long as I live;
I will sing praise to my God while I have being.
May my meditation be pleasing to him,
for I rejoice in the Lord. (Psalm 104:31-34 ESV) [3]
Praise the Lord.Praise the Lord, my soul.I will praise the Lord all my life;I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
(Psalm 146:2 NIV) [4]
That is why we never give up.
Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every
day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet
they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last
forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix
our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be
gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever. (2Corinthians 4:16-17 NLT)
[5]
But it was to us that God
revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and
shows us God’s deep secrets. (1Corinthians 2:9-10 NLT) [6]
No comments:
Post a Comment