Saturday, April 22, 2017

Romans and More

A method known as the “Romans Road” is often used to show people the plan of salvation.  If you are interested, you can Google “romans road,” and you will find lots of hits describing it.  I pray that Lamp in a Corner, at its core, will be used by the Holy Spirit to lead people to Christ.  I pray also that we will be used to disciple those who have surrendered themselves to Him.

To that end, then, here are some Bible verses that show the way to Jesus, and other verses to illustrate how the Christian life is led:

…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, (Romans 3:23 NIV)

There is no one righteous, not even one;
There is no one who understands,
No one who seeks God. (Romans 3:10-11 NIV)

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23 NIV)

He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. (2Peter 3:9 NIV)

God is love. (1John 4:16 NIV)

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8 NIV)

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16 NIV)

Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Romans 10:13 NIV)

We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.  The man who says, ‘I know him,’ but does not do as he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him.  But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him.  This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to be in him must walk as Jesus did. (1John 2:3-6 NIV)

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
(1John 1:8 NIV)

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do … I know that nothing good lives in me, that is in my sinful nature.  For I have the desire to do good, but I cannot carry it out.  For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do – this I keep on doing … What a wretched man that I am!  Who will rescue me from this body of death?  Thanks be to God – through Christ Jesus our Lord! 
(Romans 7:15-25 NIV)

… I write this to you so that you will not sin.  But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the father in our defense – Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.  He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins … (1John 2:1-2 NIV)

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (1John 1:9 NIV)

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.  For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:8-10 NIV)

I am the vine; you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. (John 15:5 NIV)

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8:1-2 NIV)

What shall we say, then?  Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?  By no means!  We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?  Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death.  We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. (Romans 6:1-4 NIV)

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of Gods mercy, to offer yourselves as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spiritual (or reasonable) act of worship. (Romans 12:1 NIV)

If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.  For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.  What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose his very self?  (Luke 9:23-25 NIV) (yet forfeits his soul? Matthew 16:26 NIV)

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me.  Because I live, you will also live.  On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. (John 14:20 NIV)

All this I have spoken to you while still with you.  But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John 14:25-26 NIV)

So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.  For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. (Galatians 5:16-17 NIV)
Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. (Galatians 5:25 NIV)

Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. (Romans 8:5 NIV)  You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you.  And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.  But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.  And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.
(Romans 8:9-11 NIV)

Please repent and be saved.  Find a Bible based church that teaches what has been Christian doctrine from Jesus Christ forward. You will still struggle with sin, but if you surrender to the Holy Spirit, you will become more like Jesus every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment