Tuesday, January 11, 2022

The Crucifixion of Jesus Was Predicted

Every time I read the 22nd Psalm I am amazed.  The Holy Spirit inspired King David of Israel to prophesy in detail about the agony of Jesus Christ during the crucifixion.  David lived about 1,000 years before Jesus was born, but he was able to describe a pain so intense that The Messiah could count His bones.  Even worse than that, as He bore the penalty for every sin ever committed, Jesus was temporarily out of the intense, intimate communion He had with the Father from all eternity. (John 1:1, 1:18; Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible on Matthew 27:46)

Psalm 22

(A Psalm of David) 

Verse 1: My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?

(See Matthew 27:46)

 

Verses 7-8: All who see me deride me;

They sneer, they shake their headssaying,

“Turn him over to the LORD; let Him save him;

Let Him rescue him, because He delights in him.”

(See Matthew 27:39-44; Mark 15:29-32; Luke 23: 35-37; John19:)

 

Verses 14-15: I am poured out like water,

And all my bones are out of joint;

My heart is like wax;

It is melted within me.

My strength is dried up like a piece of pottery,

And my tongue clings to my jaws;

(See John 19:28)

And You lay me in the dust of death.

 

Verses 17-18: They pierced my hands and my feet.

I can count all my bones.

They look, they stare at me;

They divide my garments among them,

And they cast lots for my clothing.

(See Matthew 27:35; Mark 15:24; Luke23:33-34; John19:18, 23-24)

 

“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved…” (Acts 16:31 NASB)

 

All scriptural quotes from:

https://biblehub.com/nasb.htm

 


No comments:

Post a Comment