Thursday, January 6, 2022

The Grave Cannot Hold the Messiah Who Gives Us Life

Psalm 16

 

(A Miktam of David)


 

Protect me, God, for I take refuge in You.

I said to the LORD,

“You are my Lord; I have nothing good besides You.”

As for the saints who are on the earth,

They are the majestic ones; all my delight is in them.

The pains of those who have acquired another god will be multiplied;

I will not pour out their drink offerings of blood,

Nor will I take their names upon my lips.

The LORD is the portion of my inheritance and my cup;

You support my lot.

The measuring lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;

Indeed, my inheritance is beautiful to me.

I will bless the LORD who has advised me;

Indeed, my mind instructs me in the night.

I have set the LORD continually before me;

Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices;

My flesh also will dwell securely.

For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol;

You will not allow Your Holy One to undergo decay. *

You will make known to me the way of life;

In Your presence is fullness of joy;

In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.

 

(New American Standard Bible)


* See Acts 13:34-35

 

https://biblehub.com/nasb_/psalms/16.htm

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment